Pumps of Houston was founded by Elmer Cook, formerly Regional Manager for F.E. Myers, in 1960 to supply pumping equipment to the water well industry. From the beginning, Mr. Cook stressed great customer service as the foundation for the business. As a result, we have grown steadily throughout the years to become the premier pump company in Texas. The business has continuously evolved to provide additional products and services to the commercial, industrial and municipal markets. A complete line of large waste water pumps was added in 1982 as well as a UL listed control panel shop in 1984. Our in-house Control Division has the capability to design and build to order pump and motor control systems tailored to our customer’s needs. At about the same time, we added assembly operations for both submersible turbines and booster pump systems. This allows us to build and ship submersible turbine pumps of up to 1200 GPM on a same day basis. We now have operations in the Austin and Tyler markets, and in January of 2011, we moved into a new custom built facility in Houston that expanded our service and repair capabilities in addition to enhancing our pump testing services. We are proud to be a third generation company celebrating our 56th anniversary in 2016. Through it all, we have never wavered from our commitment to provide our customers with “Legendary Service”.